Today our life rhythm is so fast that young mothers are not available to stay on maternity leave for a long time and they don’t want to. That is why the babysitter for an infant is the best decision. But it’s not so easy to make that decision, because the babysitter isn’t from your family and you have to entrust your baby to the nanny.
Don’t panic! Let’s make it easier.
First of all, we recommend you to start looking for a nanny while you are pregnant. You will have the opportunity to get to know the candidate for this position better and take a closer look at the future nanny for your newborn baby. By the time your baby is born, you can build a trusting relationship with your nanny and be more comfortable in the situation when you are separated from your baby.
You can start searching if the nanny by yourself, using private ads or recommendations of friends. But in this case, no one will give you guarantees that your child will receive proper care and will be safe. Or you could contact a specialized domestic staff agency in Kyiv. The agency has a large base of the checked candidates and can find the nanny that would meet your requirements for 100%. At the same time, you will be sure that the nanny recommended by the agency has the appropriate education and certificates confirming her qualifications.
We highly recommend you to make a list of requirements that the nanny has to meet. Try to imagine what this woman should be – her type of appearance, age, manner of communication. Think about the skills and experience a babysitter should have. And it is crucial to decide what salary you can pay for the nanny per hour or day or month. For example, English speaking nanny in Kyiv with medical education and experience with newborns could start working from 7 USD per hour. You have to understand that the hourly pay of the nanny is much more expensive than the payment of the standard working day, and the calculation can be carried out with hourly pay, pay once a week or once a month. It means for 12 hours of a working day for the babysitter the hourly rate would be less than for a 4-hours working day. This question has to be agreed on the interview with babysitters.
The duties that effect on the nanny’s salary:
- baby care;
- medical supervision for the newborn;
- developing activities for the toddler;
- cleaning the children’s room;
- cooking for the baby;
- washing of baby clothes.
We recommend not to burden the babysitter too much with additional responsibilities.
An infant (a child under one-year-old) needs more care and attention than education. That is why we recommend giving preference to nannies with medical education for infants.
A nanny for a baby has to:
- know and follow the daily routine;
- know all the intricacies of baby care;
- be able to provide first aid;
- be able to do the massage for the newborn;
- know the methods of early development.
During the interview with the nanny, you need to ask as many questions as possible to form a general opinion and understanding, who you are going to entrust the baby. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, even if they seem too personal to you.
Here is a sample list of such questions:
- Do you have children and how many?
- What is your experience as a nanny for a newborn baby?
- How long do you plan to work with us?
- Do you have bad habits?
- Do you have health problems?
- What methods of early child development are you familiar with and have applied in practice?
- Do you know how to provide first aid for newborns?
- Are you familiar with the symptoms of childhood illnesses?
- Do you know the list of prohibited foods for babies?
- Which ones are allergenic?
- Do you know how to identify the causes of childish tantrum and stop it?
- What decisions do you consider possible to make on your own, without the participation of your parents?
- Can I ask you for overtime? How should this be paid?
If the nanny made a positive impression on you after the interview, take your time with the decision. Think about nanny 1-2 days to analyze all the information received, and only then make up your mind.
Our experience tells this way of finding a baby-sitter for a newborn will allow you to calmly do what you love and be sure that the baby is in good hands.
In the agency of domestic staff “Family World” experienced managers will help you choose a babysitter with work experience, recommendations, medical education, who has all the necessary knowledge and skills to work with babies. We have helped many families to hire a nanny, and we are sure we can help you too.
Best regards, the domestic staff agency “Family World”.